Friday, September 21, 2012

Weekly Report - 09/21/2012

This is a busy one.

Last weekend three of my friends and I got together for our first in-person Battlefield 3 LAN. It's incredibly fun with a full, four-player squad of sane, communicating, non-troll humans. I think it was one of the best BF3 sessions I've had in my 61+ hour multiplayer career. What's amazing is that I quit playing the game about six months ago because I had earned a service star in every class and had no interesting weapons left to unlock. I really look forward to playing this with friends again - it was awesome (our group has a boss helicopter pilot by the way).

I also made tons of Dark Souls progress. In fact, I beat the game on Monday and moved on to New Game Plus (it's going much faster this time around - I'm already in Anor Londo). I need a handful more items and a second copy of every boss soul to clean up some achievements, but I'm also really interested in starting from scratch with a completely different type of character. The game definitely has some frustrating technical problems, but it presents a fun user experience unlike anything I've ever played before.

And, of course, Torchlight 2 came out yesterday. I pre-loaded it that morning before going in to work so I could play as soon as I got home. About two hours in, I have a lot of positive thoughts and several topics to post about. Torchlight 2 doesn't totally revolutionize the hack-n-slash RPG genre, but it's definitely worth playing (I plan to skip Diablo III altogether for a variety of reasons).

No comments:

Post a Comment