Thursday, September 20, 2012

Torchlight 2 Vindication

A PC gamer at heart, my first order of business with any new game is to check out the settings menu. I must begin by playing with all of the options and choosing the highest graphics settings possible with my hardware. As it turns out Torchlight 2 runs great on a lot of hardware; I have it maxed out on my laptop (HP dv6-6135dx) with no framerate issues so far, but I'm not here to talk about that.

This game has settings for most of the crap I tend to complain about.
Torchlight II settings menu
Oh, so many wonderful settings...
You can also adjust the UI size, render behind walls, render player character helmets, and render player names. Or not - it's up to you! But what really brought a smile to my face is the vindicating Floating Damage & Text setting. Apparently I'm not the only gamer with a (un)healthy disdain for poor in-game feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment