Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Torchlight 2 Release

Torchlight 2 cover art
Torchlight 2 will be released Thursday, September 20
Torchlight 2 comes out tomorrow on Steam. I already have it pre-ordered (since this spring, actually) and I'm clearing my weekend in order to spend some time exploring the game. T2 differs from T1 in a few fundamentals. This time around there are four character classes, the Outlander, Embermage, Berserker, and Engineer. The engineer looks particularly unique; his abilities come from ember-powered mechanical armor and equipment. I'm liable to try the engineer first.

Like the original Torchlight I plan to play through the game once on normal difficulty - perhaps with friends this time, since the new game is multiplayer - in order to get a feel for the mechanics, enemies, and game world.

Then it will be time to take on hardcore mode. I'm looking forward to posting more about Torchlight 2 in the coming weeks, including more character builds and tips for VHHC.

No comments:

Post a Comment