Friday, February 22, 2013

Weekly Report - 02/22/2013

I completed Rage on nightmare with all collectibles, side quests, races, and all that jazz last weekend. I found myself really enjoying the game and didn't want it to end. Ultimately, however, it ended. And boy, that is one atrocious ending. No final boss or interesting cutscene. No difficult final challenge. In fact, I didn't even use the pulse cannon they gave me for the final mission. Wingsticks and fat mamma rounds in my pistol did just fine. The ending consists of a pair of Arks rising up out of the ground... then the credits roll. That's it.

Then I moved on to Dishonored, which I've heard great things about. I'm really looking forward to the change of pace offered by a stealth game.

So I load it up and boy, having just stepped out of Rage, the graphics in Dishonored appear flat, boring, dull; just abysmal. Whatever, I can play through that. Graphics aren't everything.

Nor is sound design, apparently. Everywhere I go, the characters sound as if they are talking in a tiny bathroom with reflective tile walls. What's with the echo effect? It's obnoxious, not to mention overdone and totally unnecessary.

The gameplay, however, is why I'm here. Here's to hoping for some!

No comments:

Post a Comment