Friday, February 8, 2013

Weekly Report - 02/08/2013

With my Xbox 360 collection fully conquered, I decided to go questing for a few new games. I took my old, partially-broken PS2 with network adaptor add-on and a handful of terrible DVDs (e.g. Swimfan) to a nearby independent video game store. They traded me even for Dishonored and Rage.

So I started Rage today. So far I'm very impressed. The graphics are really great; the textures are enormous and the character animations are absolutely incredible. Enemies don't just stand there and shoot at you; oh no, they lean around corners, bob up and down behind obstacles, lay on the ground and shoot at you while reeling in pain, blind fire from behind cover, and occasionally jump up and sprint at you, ducking and weaving, waving a flaming, spiked club. It's a refreshingly dynamic game in a world full of stale games.

No comments:

Post a Comment