Friday, May 31, 2013

Weekly Report - 05/31/2013

Over the weekend I managed to finish the tactical challenges in Vanquish. I have to say, challenges 4 and 6 were particularly serious. I spent five and eight hours on them, respectively. Those two challenges alone up took more of my time than playing through the campaign twice. That said, the Tactical Challenger achievement is the single most difficult I have acquired. More difficult than Mile High Club from Modern Warfare and all those veteran achievements from World at War (remember that grenade spam). For hours I felt as if I couldn't beat them - particularly challenge 6 - but after numerous hours and taking several breaks to cool off I finally prevailed. Mastering an insane challenge comes with a really great feeling, doesn't it?

I followed up by purchasing two new (to me) games: Far Cry 3 and Demon's Souls. I haven't started the precursor to Dark Souls just yet, but Far Cry 3 is a truly refreshing title. As an open world RPG with numerous activities and side quests, it's totally different from the narrow, traditional FPS of the original Far Cry. In fact, it sort of reminds me of Dead Island without the zombies...

No comments:

Post a Comment