Friday, June 21, 2013

Weekly Report - 06/21/2013

This week I finished Demon's Souls - it's a short game, much shorter than its successor. In fact, I prefer Dark Souls in pretty much every way possible. Demon's Souls, for one, doesn't have a poise system at all. That means it's possible to totally stunlock your opponents (or be stunlocked) for an entire fight. It's cheap, and when it happens to you it's no fun at all. It's not all bad, though. Demon's Souls seems to offer a more coherent story than Dark Souls, but really the narrative takes a back seat in both titles. That said, Demon's Souls is an awesome game. It's a real asset to the Playstation 3 and I think it deserves much more attention than it received.

Wondering what to do next, I picked up Darkfall: Unholy Wars on the PC. It's a sandbox MMORPG with a wide open world and full loot PVP (think EVE). Unfortunately, it's no fun. I'll explain in another post later.

I decided instead to go back into Dark Souls and try the DLC and maybe some PVP. So I picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition from Steam and hooked my PC up to my TV. I'm currently enjoying my fourth playthrough of Dark Souls and looking forward to some PVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment