Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weekly Report - 04/19/2013

This week saw the completion of my S rank run on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on Revengeance difficulty. While definitely a challenge, I found the most troublesome parts to be more cheap than difficult. Consider the lobby scene in mission 4. One of the last enemies you need to fight is a GRAD. But you cannot reach it because the game erects an invisible wall at the bottom of the staircase! You have to use the mounted guns or your secondary weapons; in the former case you are open to oodles of incoming fire whereas you simply don't have enough ammunition in the latter case.

With my S rank Revengeance run complete, I'm considering myself done with this title. The VR missions are there, sure, but I don't find any fun in most of them. I hate being timed on this sort of game - it's not a race, but the developers try to make it one.

What's up next? Perhaps I'll spend some time on Hard Reset, or go out and purchase Bioshock Infinite or Gears of War: Judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment