Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekly Report - 01/03/2013

Yikes, it's been a while since my last weekly report. Well, that's because I haven't been able to dedicate any time to gaming for nearly the past six weeks or so. That should change starting this week!

This week I popped Call of Duty: Black Ops in my Xbox 360. In two days I ripped through the campaign on normal and then on veteran and collected all of the non-multiplayer achievements I deemed significant. I'm going to skip multiplayer on this game since I also have Black Ops 2. When I move on to BO2 I intend to spend some time in multiplayer mode. Anyway, we're talking about the first BO title here. I found the campaign to be rather easy - easier than MW3 even. It was nowhere near as challenging as the first Modern Warfare or World at War on veteran (remember the grenade spam in WaW). The storyline was a bit muddy and it's starting to become a challenge for me to tell these various modern shooters apart. It felt really, really similar to Battlefield 3 overall. I'll be moving on to Black Ops 2 next week, so more to come on that later.

I have also acquired a long-desired cult hit for the PC called Hard Reset. I enjoyed the demo when it came out in 2011, but never dedicated any funds to making a purchase. That situation has been resolved now and I'm the proud owner of Hard Reset: Extended Edition. I'm looking forward to some good, old-fashioned FPSing on my PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment